Outline of the role
Note – This Job will be at our HQ, however dependent on the applicant we could look at remote options on discussion or at one of our other locations. We are looking for a Business Development person(s) to work at MessageCloud, supporting our Payments Product.
This business development position would play a key role in the relationship between the client, partners, and the e-commerce merchant. Key interpersonal and business development skills will be vital as the company offers a bespoke solution to their clients.
The Business Executive will be targeted with increasing penetration of the company’s payment product (MessageCloud Pay) within the top online global ecommerce solution providers and end merchants.
Desired skills and experience
Reporting to the Head of Business, you will be expected to develop a business plan to target specific sectors. Domestic and global travel may be required to complete agreements with companies not based in the UK. Planning and executing a business sales strategy to target specific identified opportunities within a particular market or sector. Finalising deals from a mix of self-generated leads, warm leads and referrals. A consultative sales approach, tailored to a client’s needs. Market research and fact finding based around E-commerce and the mobile industry. Contributing to the organisations continual research into growth areas and new initiatives. Representing MessageCloud at key industry events. The ideal candidate would already have experience in selling a platform based solution with a focus in mobile, or the digital services sector and with a strong track record of closing new business deals and using CRM. They will ideally be currently selling solutions B2B direct to decision makers, although newcomers are also welcome to apply.
We also welcome experience with working with Carrier Billing and Premium SMS.
Key Skills Required
- Time management skills
- Problem solving
- Prioritise tasks
- Identify and convert new business opportunities
- Networking online and at events
- Excellent communication, sales and negotiation skills
- Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel experience
- Ability to provide analytical and insightful recommendations to clients
- Build accounts, build and develop relationships by networking.
- Outbound calls to all accounts on a regular basis and manage all inbound calls, responding to incoming enquiries efficiently and professionally
- CRM use daily
- Like technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player
- Business to business background
- Proven ability to work under pressure and achieve targets
- Confident telephone manner
- Display drive, enthusiasm and commitment
- Account Management: 1 year
- Sales: 2 years
Job Type: Full-time